Open Literature: 10th – 17th July
A quick summary of progress so far, followed by a short list of ways to get involved.
– Annotation sprint on Open Shakespeare: now around 650 annotations on Hamlet – thanks to all who took part! Blog post coming soon.
– More new words: jump, kated, neapolitan, quondam (with urine forthcoming).
– New website layout FOR Open Shakespeare: front page much neater now.
– New volunteers!
– Draft application for ‘inventare il futuro’ competition at the University of Bologne, featuring Open Shakespeare as prototype for ‘Open Reading’ idea.
– New essay on Shakespeare and the city…
Some ideas about getting involved:
– 1min: annotate Hamlet.
– 2min follow @openshakespeare on twitter
– 10min: what do you think the impact of copyright is on literature? reply to this mail or add your thoughts to our openliterature wiki…