Announcing…Text Camp 2011
The OKF’s first ever ‘Text Camp’ hopes to bring together many different people, all interested in the relationship between digital technologies and literature, with a strong focus on the creation of open knowledge.
During the day, we hope to create, discuss and maybe even publish ‘open literature’, which is to say that we will work on both texts that are in (and about) the public domain, and on the open-source tools for the analysis and appreciation of these works.
Planned activities include:
- Discussion and/or hacking of 2 231 texts recently released from Eighteenth-Century Collections Online (ECCO) with the help of the Text Creation Partnership
- Coming up with ideas for and perhaps composing a web based narrative.
- Writing a guide to creative commons and related licenses as regards literary productions.
- Working out how to build an online community around a work of literature, with advice on the process of receiving edits to one’s own online work.
- And, of course, much much more…